
As most of you know November 11th is Veterans Day!! But, what is veterans day? Is it just a day we don't have to go to work or school? Just another day to sleep in?
Veterans Day is an American holiday honoring military veterans. Both a federal holiday and a state holiday in all states, it is celebrated on the same day as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world, falling on November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. (Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.)
Veterans Day is largely intended to thank living veterans for their service, to acknowledge that their contributions to national security are appreciated, and to underscore the fact that all those who served - not only those who died - have sacrificed and done their duty.
With more and more of our veterans of wars past passing away. I encourage you all to thank those who so proudly and honorably served this great nation. Also thank those soldier who are fighting in this war. One person I would like to thank is my brother Ian. He is doing his second tour in Iraq. He and the many other soldiers who are serving in the military are keeping our freedoms (even your freedom to disagree with the war) safe. We love him. Joseph and Jacob look up to him and tell everyone how proud they are of their "Uncle Ian."
I would also like to tell Tausha, Carter, Brodi and Trevan thank you. With out the support of family I don't think any service member would be able to make it through a tour, let alone two. We love you all and think about you often. In some way you are all Veterans too!!






3 comments:
thanks for the history lesson. I didn't never knew where it originated from. You made me a little smarter today. You have done your job!
HI JAIM!!!! How are you?? Yeah for blogs! Look how cute your little family is. I am excited i found you... keep bloggin! :)
Awe, Thanks Jaime!
your such a sweetheart :o)
XOXO
Post a Comment